Oh hey there. I guess you've decided to read my blog. Good for you! While you're at it, post a comment or join the Awesome Club. Let me know what you think. Refer other blogs you think I'll like. You might be wrong, but hey, at least you tried.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

For those of you who don't know about SOPA and PIPA

These are two bills in Congress that put simply: are bad news.  The goal of the bills is to end Piracy but the end result will likely be a mass censorship and removal of the shared content of the internet.




Let me put that simply:


half the funny pictures on my blog wouldn't be allowed.


That's bad news.


You like my blog?  You want to keep reading it? Go sign a petition.  There's one you can find if you just click on the Google Doodle for today, which you can't see because it is blacked out.


A lot of websites are blacking out their sites in protest.  Wikipedia is among them, so I guess it's a really good thing that the majority of us don't have papers due yet.


Here's a link for more information:


Explanation of SOPA/PIPA



And here's my obligatory funny picture:


I'm probably doing something really
embarrassing in this photo, but you can't see.
GET THE PICTURE?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Or don't, but I mean, you're already here.