Oh hey there. I guess you've decided to read my blog. Good for you! While you're at it, post a comment or join the Awesome Club. Let me know what you think. Refer other blogs you think I'll like. You might be wrong, but hey, at least you tried.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Adjectives, Action Words, etc.

I don't like re-writing resumes and writing cover letters.

Quite frankly, I feel like there's really no good way to describe some of the things I do.

--One of my residents comes into my room bitchin' about her life.  I let her vent and offer her my epic bean bag chair to sit on.
.....................Counseling? I think not.  More like "skilled at being a decent person as needed".

GAH.

Cause let's be real.  That right there?  I'm no counselor- That's not counseling.  That's....being someone understanding.  How do you write that on a resume?  Or a cover letter?

Can't I just write "Hey, my girls like me, I got RA of the month, I don't miss deadlines, and my programming is stellar"?

Nope.

Interpersonal Skills, Punctuality and Organization, Programming and Community Development.

Big words people.  Big words.

And action words. And adjectives.

But mostly stress.

I mean, if I leave some of my animal experience in, does that imply that I think all of the residents are animals...?


Well..now that I think of it...




Regardless of whether or not that's the truth, I can't really imply that.

But dog training is so relevant!  Well, it is in my mind.  Positive Reinforcement!  Associations! Teamwork and Cooperation!

...No?  Yeah... well I tried.

If I wasn't a decent RA you wouldn't have rehired me the first time!  Or hired me period...





How about:

"I like my job.  Can I please have it back?"


Wayyyyy too simple.


So we'll see how the big words work out.  I'll know come March.


Wish me luck!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Or don't, but I mean, you're already here.