Oh hey there. I guess you've decided to read my blog. Good for you! While you're at it, post a comment or join the Awesome Club. Let me know what you think. Refer other blogs you think I'll like. You might be wrong, but hey, at least you tried.

Friday, August 5, 2011

The X-Files: Or the reason I no longer have a life.

Insert Theme Music Here- wait, can I do that on this blog?
No, I'm pretty sure I can't. Damn.

The X Files.  I have no life because of this show.  It's absolutely addicting.  Even though it is basically an adult version of Scooby-Doo (which I also loved)---I only find the repetitiveness endearing and comforting.

In fact, I am struggling with the nagging urge to log into Netflix right now and resume watching episodes where I left off.

So I'm returning to this draft around 2 weeks later because I did indeed go watch some episodes.


Also during this time my lovely boyfriend got us both matching "I Want to Believe" posters. Awww. That's so romantic.

The poster in Mulder's Office.


I CAN PUT THE THEME SONG HERE. I just figured it out BOO YAH. Lets see if the video actually works or if I'm just an idiot.


I'm not sure it worked. Whatever.

But you get so obessed with this show.  I found a bunch of stuff online after my obsession became full blown.


All I need to know I learned from the X-Files
  • Trust No One
  • Smoking really IS bad
  • Always make back-ups of your important data
  • Don't eat at restaurants where the motto is "Good People, Good Food"
  • The Truth Is Out There
  • "Nojo on the rojo"
  • Bambi? Her name is Bambi?
  • Sometimes you really do get your $29.95's worth from a mail-order video
  • Deny Everything
  • If it's iced tea, it's love
  • If it's root beer, it's fate
  • If you find an audio cassette in your car, 10-to-1 you can't dance to it.
  • If there's a white van in your driveway, don't drink the water.
  • Beware of women named B.J.
  • Don't pass judgement while in the Arctic
  • Never scan unidentified metals
  • Don't look for romance on-line
  • Don't accept dinner invitations from bald, tattooed, half-naked men
  • Make sure you remember the birthdays of people who are inportant to you
  • No wardrobe is complete without a New York Knicks T-shirt (holes optional), at least one red speedo, and black silk boxers
  • Sometimes the only thing you can say is "Sure. Fine. Whatever."
  • Miracles happen
  • Everyone has on uncle who is an amateur magician.
  • Just because someone shot you doesn't mean they're not your friend
  • Never, ever, go into a bathroom
  • "Go with it"
  • If you see a cockroach, say hello to the aliens
  • Recieving Superstars of the Superbowl is a good reason to live
  • Sometimes simple answers are good. e.g." Why is it so dark in here?" "Because the lights aren't on."
I don't take credit for this list. I just found it and was appalled at how much of it I understood.



Also, from Urban Dictionary:


x phile

A person who is a huge fan of the hit tv show "The X Files". Normally they will apply ever aspect of the show to everyday life. Can often be found making music videos to the show, writing fan fiction or creating digital art or manipulations with the shows main characters, Mulder and Scully. A true x phile should be able to quote every significant event throughout the 9 year run of the show. Possibly the only people to ever understand the complex conspiracy that just got more confusing as time went on.

Can be found anxiously anticipating the next x files movie.
"It will happen, I know it will!"
A typical x phile would be able to say any of these at least once every day and incorporate them into otherwise unrelated conversation.

"That was like that time in that episode in Season 3 when Mulder asked Scully to..."
"That's why they put the 'i' in FBI!"
"This must be conspiracy"
"Oo! I feel like I'm stuck in an X File"

Endlessly singing the Catatonia hit: "Things are getting strange I'm starting to worry. This could be a case for Mulder and Scully!"

Whilst watching TV: "That guy was once on the x files in an episode where Scully and Mulder...."

"Trust no one"

And of course: "The truth is out there!"


Oh boy.  Well I don't write fan fiction or make music videos, but I also have a 10 year distance from when the show stopped running pretty much.  Well.  I suppose by the rest of the definition I am in fact an X-Phile.

I would do a witty review of the shows crap but I wont as I'm feeling lazy, so I will leave you with one last goody from the web on my new favorite show:
This kind of simplicity is why I liked Scooby Doo so much.

1 comment:

Leave a comment. Or don't, but I mean, you're already here.