Oh hey there. I guess you've decided to read my blog. Good for you! While you're at it, post a comment or join the Awesome Club. Let me know what you think. Refer other blogs you think I'll like. You might be wrong, but hey, at least you tried.

Friday, August 5, 2011

I played a video game. To my boyfriend I might as well have finished a 5k. I would have rage quit a 5k too.

I didn't finish the video game though.  Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here.

I have problems with my hand eye coordination as far as these things go.  I can't quite master the quick movements it takes to be good at a video game, because I am not and have never been a gamer.  I did however, play one city-building game when I was younger.

This game, to be exact.  I love Greek mythology.


Some Gameplay.


When Don found out, it was like he stumbled upon gold.  A whole new side of me was revealed, I may have to go on Maury or Jerry Springer because the level of drama my double life caused was so extensive.

Not really, he was just super happy and he went and told all his friends. (who also had loved to play Zeus)

So it was by this discovery he convinced me to play Portal.  Which is way more difficult then Zeus.

For those that DON'T know portal, here's a Dorkly (that's a website, for those who also don't know) video that pretty much explains the basic premise of the main tool in the game.


It's catchy, I know.

So here I am beating 14 levels of Portal, when I get to level 15.  Well crap.  Now I have to shoot a portal WHILE FREAKING FALLING.  I don't have the capacity to do these kinds of things, I AM NOT A GAMER.

So here comes another "Don is a Proud Daddy of a New Gamer Moment"

"Awwwww Jenny's first rage quit!"

Gkaljdflkasjdf. The rage quit.  I'm pretty sure it went like this:

Don: Do you need me to do this
Jenny: No I'm gonna do it
D: You sure
J: *10 tries later* I HAD IT THAT TIME AND IT DIDN'T WORK
D: You used the wrong color portal
J: *screeching* AND YOU DIDN'T NOTICE THAT THE OTHER 10 TIMES?
D: uhm no.
J: *grumbles and swears*
D: Do you need me to just get you past this part?
J: NOOOO *screeches in frustration*
D: ok! ok!
J: *three more tries/three more failures* GOD F***DAMN-IT SH**F***STUPID FREAKING GAME  
D: You're angling it wrong.
J: *glares and tries again* *screeches in agony/frustration*
D: Oh! That one was close.
J: *Tries again, fails* THAT'S IT I'M DONE WITH THIS GAME AND ALL VIDEO GAMES EVER I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CONVINCED ME TO PLAY SHUT THE STUPID COMPUTER DOWN I'M GOING UPSTAIRS. *stomp stomp stomp*

I know, not my most mature moment ever.  Apparently Don thought my full blown hissy fit was an adorable "Baby's First Rage Quit". Dear lord.

I suddenly understand this meme so deeply.

Don thinks I could probably beat the game before I have to go back to school in two weeks. 
I think that he trusts me too much around his beloved gaming computer because I would have strangled it if it had a throat.

Way more fun then a Portal Gun.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Or don't, but I mean, you're already here.