Oh hey there. I guess you've decided to read my blog. Good for you! While you're at it, post a comment or join the Awesome Club. Let me know what you think. Refer other blogs you think I'll like. You might be wrong, but hey, at least you tried.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

I'M DONE!

Pooped. Tuckered. Exhausted. End-of-Rope. ETC.

This is me- right now:

This little guy just couldn't take Busch Gardens anymore.

RA Training is EXHAUSTING for someone like me.  It involves a lot of close human contact, personal connection, and of course, physical activity.

The one thing that gets me the most though, is "Get There from Here" games.  Like, you need to cross the "boiling lava" and you can't touch the "boiling lava" and everyone's gotta get across and no sacrifices and you have to be using every object.  UGH.  Stop with the dumb rules.  If that actually helped with problem solving---no scratch that.  If that had ANYTHING to do with real world problem solving I wouldn't have a 4.0 because I rage quit those games.  

I would rather play name games, even though I totally suck at them and that makes me feel bad because it's not like I WANT to be rude and not remember the person's name.  But when I'm put on the spot I freeze up.

It's not like I don't like my job as an RA.  I just don't like all of the training sessions.  That's not even true.  I'll do anything once.  I even climbed the high ropes and it was scary but I did it!  But when it's five of the same type of team builder in a row, I get very agitated.  Especially when the supposed team builder seems more like busy work.

Sometimes I feel bad for being so pessimistic.  But I was happy and chatting and hyper all morning, I could have an hour to bitch to myself when I get covered in water and Leicester Team loses EVERY TIME. That and I was getting a wicked terrible headache.

But it's over now.  Now it's just on to regular training. I even get to present tomorrow, I'm meeting with a new Pro-Staff member to come up with a bangin' presentation on Community Building.

But right now I'm chillin' I just took a nice short shower to regroup, and I'm heading down to the pizza place to get dinner.

I may not like all of the training, but I know I can get through it to get to the parts of the job I do like.

OH AND: there will be awesome pictures of us all attempting to do the high ropes.  I know that there are a couple of me.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Or don't, but I mean, you're already here.