Oh hey there. I guess you've decided to read my blog. Good for you! While you're at it, post a comment or join the Awesome Club. Let me know what you think. Refer other blogs you think I'll like. You might be wrong, but hey, at least you tried.

Friday, February 24, 2012

On the downhill.

I do that.  I'll get really social, hanging out with people, and then I'll realize that I actually really do need time to myself because the more I am social the more tired I get.

Even if it's fun.
Even if I love who I'm with.

Sometimes I just need to be left alone.

...That and... certain people drive me crazy.

Have you ever been around a group of people that seems to all love each other....when everyone's present?

And then as soon as one person isn't there, it's an all out bitch-fest.

That person is clingy/annoying/repetitive/stupid/irritating/useless....whatever.  On and on and on.  And as soon as that person is back everyone is friendly.

Seriously?

Unfortunately, despite some of these rather unfortunate behaviors, I still like the people.  All of them.  Even those poor people that get unknowingly ostracized.

I guess that makes me an idiot.  Add that to the list of character traits you've probably already figured out from reading.

But what do you do? Tell that person?  Let them know that everything is not as it seems? What if they're happy?  Do I really want to be that person that ruins everything? Or am I just cowardly?

I guess this is why I can never truly be part of a group of friends.  I'm like a shared electron.

One atom, another atom, and yet another...always in orbit and never permanent.  I'm not the inner circle.  Ever.

 .........Maybe that's wrong.  Scientifically.  I was never into that crap anyway.

I could never be part of the inner circle.  People would notice when I retreated into myself and show concern.  Even if it's totally false concern.

Nah.  Better to be on the outside.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Who knows.  In your group of friends, you may be that person.  The one that thinks everything is great, until you walk away.  Better to just stay away right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Or don't, but I mean, you're already here.