Oh hey there. I guess you've decided to read my blog. Good for you! While you're at it, post a comment or join the Awesome Club. Let me know what you think. Refer other blogs you think I'll like. You might be wrong, but hey, at least you tried.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Just in time for Valentine's day...

I want to talk about a pet peeve of mine.

And by pet peeve, a mean arch-nemesis of the facebook universe.

That is, of course, the little heart you can make by entering < and then 3.

Screw those little hearts: 


I hate them.

It's not just the hearts.  It's the way people use them.

If it was an incident where the heart was appropriate, like saying "I love you  " it wouldn't be so bad.

But it never is.

It's all that preppy, girly, crap.

       Love late Friday Nights  
       OMG Jersey Shore  
       Painting Nails  
     
You know the type.

I can't stand it.  That, and song lyrics as a status.  When combined, it's unbearable.  I literally look at the sopping mess of melodrama and gag.

Please stop.

Your life is not that dramatic.  For one, the song probably isn't even about what you think it's about.  And then you have to add the heart.  Regardless of what the song is about.

I literally read the lyric...and then read "heart". Ew.  Even if the song lyric has nothing to do with love.  And you add a heart.

Do you like "heart" the song?
The artist?
The song content? (which is pretty weird, considering some of the crap you write)

The worst offenders of course are teenage girls, followed by the annoying facebook couple, followed by the overdramatic college chick.

STOP USING THE GODDAMN HEARTS.


That is all.  Have a happy Valentine's day.  Without the goddamn hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Or don't, but I mean, you're already here.