Oh hey there. I guess you've decided to read my blog. Good for you! While you're at it, post a comment or join the Awesome Club. Let me know what you think. Refer other blogs you think I'll like. You might be wrong, but hey, at least you tried.

Friday, September 16, 2011

I need to be arrested for blog neglect. But right now I don't care.

I've been just doing the bare minimum.  This is because apparently I have so much of a life right now that I don't have time to write it down.  Or the mental capacity.  The stress kinda makes me stupid.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I love the Fall.  Or, perhaps if you're a snooty person, the "Autumn".  Whatever.  Fall is when the leaves all fall down. Makes sense to me.  Psh Autumn.

But I was walking from the Haven back to Lane Hall and I'm wearing jeans, a hoodie, and flip flops.  The breeze is wonderful.  The air is the purest and most refreshing it's been in awhile.  And, I have a nice hot tea in my hands that I'm sipping.  The contrast between the scalding hot and 60 degree breeze is wonderful.  It sends a chill through my body that reminds me I'm alive and not the drone I feel like most days.

I forgot how stressed I was, how busy I was, about my quiz in Lab Animal, and about the stress of a switched shift.  I just inhaled the air and tasted that ever so distinct taste of Fall, and I was in heaven.

I've always loved Fall.  It's the time for band parades, kettle corn, pumpkins, sweet hay smell, leaf piles, and fairs.  Most of my happy memories are Fall memories.

Hiking is the best in the Fall.  It smells wonderful, you never get too hot, and the mosquitoes aren't as terrible as they were in July.  I used to love hiking, but now I feel like there's no time.  Once you get to the top, the view is wonderful.  The colors in the fall are so rewarding.

I love going to car shows in the Fall.  It's so much fun.  I love checking out all the old VWs (my dad's car show of choice) and just relaxing from car to car.  You can smell the leaves in the air but you can also smell burgers and fried dough from the concession stand across the field.  It's a wonderful combination.  Not to mention, if they've done the engine blowout, you can smell oil and smoke.  The grease and wax and leather all just meshes together so well.

There's also the arts and crafts fairs.  I love to go to them.  They show me other people trying to make it in the art world.  I wonder if someday I'll be selling my work at a fair, relaxing in a tent outside on Fall day enjoying the reaction of people as they get dog portraits.  I love to see everyone's perspective on art. It gives me hope that at least some people are good.

I miss things like that.  I'm always so busy.  I wish I could just run away all weekend and go hiking and backpacking.  Screw civilization, I want to roll around in the leaves.

When your state of mind is like this, it's the best.  What's more peaceful?

Going for a walk.  Inhaling the Fall.  Forgetting everything for 10 minutes.









I know the "deepness" factor is out of control here.  Sorry, more funny stuff later.  Trust me, it's all backed up and ready to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Or don't, but I mean, you're already here.