Oh hey there. I guess you've decided to read my blog. Good for you! While you're at it, post a comment or join the Awesome Club. Let me know what you think. Refer other blogs you think I'll like. You might be wrong, but hey, at least you tried.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Words that sound weird when said over and over again, and other thoughts that go through my head in math class.

Have you ever noticed when you say a word a lot, or read it over and over, it sounds bizarre and other worldly. Oh yeah. Like Stop.  I noticed stop is a weird word.  I read it over and over again on the 20 or so shuttle rides I have to take to Worcester every week.  I've decided it's a weird word.

Apparently whoever painted this thought STOP was a weird word too.

There are plenty others. Like unique. Kangaroo. Sugar.  I think if you stare at them long enough they start to appear weird.  Try it sometime.  It's probably why you're taught in english class not to words over and over to describe something.  If you use something over and over again, the person is going to notice you used it over and over again, and they won't just think you're a bad writer.  They'll think the word was weird.
(Side Note: who now thinks "over" is a weird word? Hehe)

Maybe I'm the only person who experiences the phenomenon of strange words.  Phenomenon is an awesome word.

As for my other thoughts in Math Class
-"I hate systems"
-"I'm pretty sure the kid behind me has a mouth breathing problem"
-"I should learn how to talk with a Russian accent"

Among other things.

As for my thoughts now...

What defines being selfish? I mean. I'm a selfish person, even though I'll bend over backwards for other people.  

But I'm definitely selfish.  I may not admit it all the time, but I totally am.  I mean, it's a basic principle---why would I suffer when I don't have to, or when someone I hate can suffer instead.

You can add that to the list of character traits: Vindictive Bitch. Oh yeah.

But I mean, if you can be a selfish person by wanting to be happy, and taking time for yourself- ok, whatever.  But when your family/employers/general assholes in your life tell you to stop being selfish and yet- take time for "me time" I can't help but see a paradox. Someone eventually has to accept or alter the circumstances to make themselves happy, which may in turn make that one or two other people happy.  So I'll take one for the team, I'll be selfish, so someone else doesn't have to.  And then the family/employers and general assholes in my life can suck it and let me be selfish. 



Glad I cleared that up.

That's all for this episode.  NEXT UP: I will decipher my strange addiction to Criminal Minds and of course my love of Spencer Reid.
See Below:

He's totally shooting some bad guy to save me.
Yup.
OMFG I found a picture of him AND A PUPPY. It's totally meant to be.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Or don't, but I mean, you're already here.