Oh hey there. I guess you've decided to read my blog. Good for you! While you're at it, post a comment or join the Awesome Club. Let me know what you think. Refer other blogs you think I'll like. You might be wrong, but hey, at least you tried.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

A blog about my Sister, and her horror of my blogging.

So my little sister Michelle was trying to write a short story in first person perspective the other day.  She was struggling with it because she wanted it to be sarcastic and funny.  I told her that she shouldn't try so hard and maybe she should write like she's blogging.  She then expressed her horror at the idea of blogging, at the very same moment I sent her the link to mine to show her what I meant.  This resulted in a loud, obnoxious exclamation of my name in a distressed tone  (JeeeeeeEENnnnnnnnnnnnnnnYYYYYY!!!).  Apparently she didn't approve, even though when she was reading she did laugh. Oh Michelle.

(Side Note: I'm pretty sure her story was about being stuck in the Hippie Section of Forever 21, so the weirdness is genetic, it's not just me)

The funny thing with Michelle is she rejects everything first before she allows ANYTHING.  This probably has something to do with how organized she is.  See, Michelle has a time and place for everything.  Everything she does has a process, system, routine, or algorithm.  Even things that are created to be "homemade" have to be perfect.  She is a combination of the perfectionist, the OCD, and the crazy person all rolled into one.  I would like to submit a pictoral explanation of how this could occur (all "scientifical" of course)

This is of course, an easy to understand picture of the normal human brain.


But Michelle isn't, and has never been normal.  I could probably list several embarrassing stories, but I won't.  Moving on...


So, as you can see, Michelle's brain has rewired itself to be more organized and efficient.  It is probably made out of glitter glue, construction paper, ribbon, and assorted sheets of music.  But of course, these components are meshed together in a way that shows that she clearly spent an hour making sure the very first line was straight, and three more counting the pieces of glitter to make sure there was the exact amount she wanted.

She would have her mind in color coded folders in binders with page protectors if it was at all possible, but that surgery was too expensive.

Of course, you may be thinking "how is this at all a bad thing?"

I counter this with, "why do you think they make medication for OCD?"

Not that she is full-blown OCD.  She is a perfectionist.  Again, that's not necessarily a bad thing.  Up until you try to help her with a project and she totally picks your work apart and redoes it.  Or when she spends most of her time playing bassoon, stressing over playing bassoon, practicing bassoon, stressing more over playing bassoon, and then embarking on a mission to craft something that of course, has to be handmade but factory perfect (to DE-stress, of course).

So I've concluded that this is why she rejects everything first. It simply takes too much time for her to redo everyone else's crappy work.  Plus, if it doesn't already have a color-coded box in her head, where is she going to put that information?  After all, how can she approve of something without having a place for it, I mean, it's not like she could expand or adapt or anything.  (insert sarcasm)

Now, I probably sound mean.  I am, a little bit.  But this blog is not to criticize her.  It is to illustrate the uniqueness of her mind.  It's like a National Geographic Special.  Or an Animal Planet show.

...and I'm going to send it to her just to be the annoying sister =]

1 comment:

Leave a comment. Or don't, but I mean, you're already here.