Oh hey there. I guess you've decided to read my blog. Good for you! While you're at it, post a comment or join the Awesome Club. Let me know what you think. Refer other blogs you think I'll like. You might be wrong, but hey, at least you tried.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Why I love Criminal Minds. And Spencer Reid. ...Mostly Spencer Reid.

I've mentioned this a couple times now, but I love love love Criminal Minds.  I love the predictable content of the show, because I happen to like predictable. I love the dry wit and sarcasm because that's all I have. I love the fact that they can just up and go anywhere, because their job applies everywhere.  I love that one of the prominent characters is a female who is not a size 2 and has super smart computer skills that put most men to shame.  I love that alongside super muscle dude- there's Spencer Reid who is as geeky as they come and yet it is still believable that he would be on the team. I love the limited character backgrounds because I could care less, unless of course you're talking about Spencer Reid.

Ah Spencer Reid.  I think I love his character because he's a nerd.  So am I. But that's pretty shallow.  He's a confident nerd.  He's doing well in life.  He's in the fucking FBI. How awesome is that?  His favorite phrase...."Statistically Speaking" is a cue for a fountain of knowledge that is actually applicable to the job at hand.  Most people that know a lot of statistics know them for the sheer fact of knowing them, and the statistics themselves are useless bits of information.

But mostly, I just love Spencer Reid.  Not the guy that plays him. Just Spencer Reid.

Next blog: something much deeper and more sarcastic. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Or don't, but I mean, you're already here.