Oh hey there. I guess you've decided to read my blog. Good for you! While you're at it, post a comment or join the Awesome Club. Let me know what you think. Refer other blogs you think I'll like. You might be wrong, but hey, at least you tried.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I'm going to crack one day and break out in song...

Because as I'm listening to RENT I'm resisting the urge to jump up on the table and scream at "my Maureen".

You may already know I'm playing Joanne.
However, I look a little different than that.



I'm not even listening to one of my songs right now and I'm grooving in my seat.  In the library.  I don't think anyone can see me.

I'm listening to "Today 4 U"


And loving it.


But you know my favorite song?  "Take Me or Leave Me".  Because it's kinda true.  And there's nothing more self affirming then getting in someone else's face and being like:

"Bitch.  I am awesome: get with it or get over it."

Those are not the lines.  But close enough:

"It wont work!
I look before I leap
I love margins and discipline
I make lists in my sleep
Baby what's my sin?
Never quit - I follow through
I hate mess - but I love you
What to do
With my impromptu baby
So be wise
'cuz This girl satisfies
You've got a prize, that don't compromise
You're one lucky baby
Take me for what I am"

WHO I WAS MEANT TO BE!

My closed-off, bitchy, introverted, know-it-all, sarcastic, bookish, and crazy self.  Sometimes I'm brash, offensive, and inconsiderate.  Other times I'll be the best listener you've ever met.  It's all one person.


So take me BABY,  or leave me.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Or don't, but I mean, you're already here.