Oh hey there. I guess you've decided to read my blog. Good for you! While you're at it, post a comment or join the Awesome Club. Let me know what you think. Refer other blogs you think I'll like. You might be wrong, but hey, at least you tried.

Friday, December 23, 2011

I hate socialization.

Unfortunately, if you rearrange the letters in "Christmas" it spells "Socialization".







I really hope that no one tried to do that.  It's a lie.  It doesn't spell that.  It's supposed to be funny. Gosh.

I know this time of year is all about family and giving and love and crap like that.  Alright. Cool.

Except I actually have to be around people to participate in that.

It's not like I mind, for the first couple of days.  It's fun... I get to see my aunt and my grandma (who I do love very much, despite my characterization in the fairy tale I wrote).

And then it explodes into an uncomfortable amount of socialization.

"Hey, I haven't seen you in a year....and it didn't bother me that much.  Do you want to chat?"

............yeah.

Hell, I don't even mind that, as long as it's not prolonged.  Wrap it up in an hour.  That's a good amount of time for me..  I won't break out in hives if out before an hour is up.

It's the day-after-day HOURS long socialization that wears me out.  Like literally.  I find myself crashing in bed from exhaustion the moment it's over.  Sometimes before it's over.  Whatever.

It's not that I hate everyone, it's that I'm just not built for socialization.  It brings out the awkwardness in me that I have tried to stamp down into a loose pile of abused mush all year.

All that hard work, out the window.  Because of a socialization overdose.  Every year.

At least I don't have to come up with a different New Year's Resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Or don't, but I mean, you're already here.