Oh hey there. I guess you've decided to read my blog. Good for you! While you're at it, post a comment or join the Awesome Club. Let me know what you think. Refer other blogs you think I'll like. You might be wrong, but hey, at least you tried.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Jenny versus the Energy Drink

So in a series of unfortunate decisions, (procrastination, mostly....and entertainment, partly) I happened to be awake this morning at 5:15, knowing I was going to get an hour and a half of crappy sleep, if that.

It was a bad life choice, I'll give you that.  But I'm a senior in my last weeks of college and if I can't pull all-nighters I don't know who can.

I woke out of my half sleep 15 minutes before my alarm and got dressed, got back in bed, and waited out the hour I usually take to make myself presentable.
....in other news, I look like crap today.  

That's besides the point.  The point is I left my room feeling like death slightly warmed over: and then frozen again by the rain that was pouring from the gloomy skies that made no attempt to brighten up my mood. 

Today is one of those days that needed to be bright and sunny for the sanity of the sleep-deprived.

I'm sitting in the dining hall eating my crappy pancake and generally feeling miserable and I get simultaneously the best and worst idea ever:

I'll have a Monster.
Yeah.  An energy drink.  I haven't had an energy drink since a battle of the bands my freshman year of high school.
I sorta remember feeling my heart pounding and bouncing off the walls with my best friend at the time. 
I vaguely remember losing my shoe for an hour.
I strongly remember saying that I wouldn't ever drink an energy drink ever again.  

Back to this morning.
I'm walking death.

I make it on the shuttle.  I'm drifting in and out of consciousness, and I feel like absolute crap, and I decide:
I need to wake up.
Party music time.
Let's goooooooo.

To the window....to the wall...
Go little bad girl...
Shawty get loose...
Heyyyyyy Yaaaaaa...

You get the point.

I go to the snack bar, and buy my energy drink.

Let the games begin.
I drink a couple sips waiting for class, sit down, and immediately regret my decision.

My body feels like it's thrumming.  I can't stop bouncing my leg.  I'm talking way too fast, and I'm saying silly things.

I'm moved on from modern pop and into bad 90's pop.  Britney Spears is providing the soundtrack to my energetic demise.
...You drive me crazy, I just can't sleep....
...Livin La Vida Locaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....
...I want it thattttttt wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

....Musical Interlude....

And it's getting worse. Anything I write now is going to be a mess, be forewarned.

I feel like I'm writing a post-apocalyptic diary entry, watching my descent into madness.
I feel like sitting still right now is a crime.
Against humanity, specifically mine.  My very very important humanity.

...What's left of it after this senior year.

(I'm gonna need another one of these.)
(That's an AWFUL idea.)
I can't wait to play dodgeball all hyped up on Monster.  I'm gonna be bouncing off the walls more than the dodgeballs themselves.

(Dodgeball is a whole different story, I should dedicate a post to how I first got roped into going and then addicted to playing, and then actually started to get pretty good for a girl.)

We play brutal dodgeball at Becker.

I have to present a case.
Like this.
....in probably less than 10 minutes.


I can't even sit still.

This will be interesting.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Or don't, but I mean, you're already here.